Translate

Blog Archive

Monday, August 22, 2016

Staycation

I can't remember the last time I had a staycation where I took time off from work to be at home without any plans. 

blogDSCN4673

That's what I'm doing this week and so far it has been great.

blogDSCN4682

It made the weekend that much better knowing I didn't have to go to work on Monday.

blogDSCN4691

I'm planning some morning walks this week with friends but it was very nice today (Monday) to walk around my neighborhood lake with just me and my camera.

blogDSCN4704

The weather cooperated and was perfect for a morning walk.

blogDSCN4715

One of the things I miss about working from home is having the option of walking at times that suit me.

blogDSCN4771

We've had a hot spell before a slight cool down this week but the rainy summer has kept everything looking fresher than usual.

blogDSCN4789

It's been quite a while since I have gone on a photo walk by myself.

blogDSCN4793

I love the wispy clouds in the sky today.

blogDSCN4798

This was a first for me. A bunch of mallards charged me. 

blogDSCN4810

They turned on a dime right barely avoiding running into me while I kept snapping away.

blogDSCN4812

The turkey buzzard below was behaving more like a predator than a scavenger.

blogDSCN4856

It was odd, he watched the lake and spread his wings as if waiting to pounce.

blogDSCN4858

He never did pounce but it was odd watching him for quite a while behaving very oddly. He was behaving more like the cormorants usually do at the lake than a vulture. 

8 comments:

Penelope Postcards said...

These photos really have a free feeling to them, as do your remarks. Hope your week is very lovely and that time stands still so your holiday seems longer. :)

Incidentally, perhaps there is too much healthy life around the park for the vulture and he can’t do the usual thing which is to feed from something that has already expired.

DeniseinVA said...

Great staycation photos Carver. Sometimes it feels so good not to go anywhere and enjoy the area around home. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots.

Lady Fi said...

What a lovely photo walk! Staycations are nice and relaxing.

lissa said...

it looks like a beautiful day for a walk, lovely captures

have a sweet day.

Photo Cache said...

Oh what bliss it is to have a staycation and walk your way through the day at your own pace. Enjoy.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh happy happy vacation Carver!! When you worked from home, your posts always made me think I could have worked a few more years if I'd had that option. (Especially on rainy fall days -- there would always be an hour or so of no rain but at a time when it was impossible to get away from the office). And I felt a little sad for you when you started commuting again. (But you've shown some pretty scenes from your lunchtime walks in Durham too).

Anyway .... a staycation sounds like a happy and great idea since you have such wonderful nearby places to walk and snap .... I really like the geese reflection picture ... and all of them really; your weather sounds ideal.

Indrani said...

Lovely captures again. Feels good to see all that around you. :)
Hope you are doing good! I am missing your visits to my blog.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019